Most businesses rely on their IT equipment and systems. None more so than the modern radio station. Here are the 5 top tips to remember when working with your IT systems:
- Keep regular backups of everything – in case of disaster, nobody ever has too many backups.
- Don’t skrimp on switches and routers, they hold your network together so spending a little more on a better model is a good investment.
- Servers are easy to forget about but they do need maintenance. Redundancy systems can go to failover mode and people will still ignore the warnings, then the system has an opportunity to fully fail.
- Keep important data on servers, not desktops – servers are much more likely to be sufficiently backed up.
- Consider a rolling password policy. This can be enforced from domain controllers.
And a bonus tip:
Use security policies to force all devices on your network to be secured.
As system integrators, Clyde Broadcast ensure you consider all aspects that broadcasters would normally forget, allowing you to focus on the fundamental principles of radio that ultimately make you money. Please get in touch if you have any questions, or you have an upcoming radio project.